10.13.2010

Adventures in Wellness, Episode 2: Mickey's Mousercise

Hi Mouseketeers! Let’s Mousercise!
For the past couple of weeks memories of doing Mousercise have been popping up in my head for no apparent reason. I decided that it was meant to be the next entry here in my blog.
Mickey’s Mousercise is fun fitness for the young and the young at heart. It’s upbeat and cheesy (Get it? Mouse? Cheese? Oh, I’m horrible.) but it does get your heartbeat up! In this electronic age, it’s hard to get kids to exercise, especially if you can’t afford a Wii (which in my opinion shouldn’t be the first choice for exercise anyway), but for 99¢ you can get the “Mousercise Medley” on iTunes. Most kids can’t resist bouncing when they hear a beat, and with the urgings, encouragement and guidance of Mickey and Goofy, they’ll get 7 minutes of aerobics that they wouldn’t get otherwise.
For adults that are “young at heart”, this is an excellent way to warm up your body before your “real” workout. Also, I’m not naïve enough to assume that everyone has a workout routine that they do regularly. Many people don’t enjoy exercise for different reasons. If you have trouble finding the motivation to get yourself into a fitness routine, maybe you should try starting with Mousercise! If you’re not used to doing a lot of exercise, this is a great way to work into getting your body moving. If you don’t have a goal such as increasing strength or losing weight, keep in mind that even just increasing circulation for a few minutes every day will have tremendous health benefits.
I’ve been incorporating Mousercise into my lifestyle twice a day and I feel great! Even on my busiest days I can take 7 minutes every morning and night to do some Mousercise and increase my circulation and pump some endorphins into my system.
Here’s a challenge to you: do Mousercise at least once a day for one week. Keep a journal if you feel like it, or just pay attention to any changes in how you feel for that week. At the end of your week, send me an email with your thoughts!
Ok, here it is... Mickey’s Mousercise Medley, circa 1982!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your feedback! Please keep it polite. ;)